PRP for Hair Loss
What is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)? - PRP is your own blood enriched by platelets to help stimulate the development of collagen and other components that help skin look younger and healthier. PRP contains growth factors and proteins called cytokines that help heal age and sun-related damage in the skin. Since PRP is naturally created by your own body, this reduces risks associated with donor genetic materials such as allergies, hypersensitivity, and other adverse reactions. Many patients are also drawn to the natural qualities of using elements of their own body rather than chemicals or donated cells.
What is involved with PRP treatment? - A small amount of blood is drawn from you and placed in a sterile tube that is spun down in a centrifuge to separate the different components of the blood. Red and white blood cells are divided from the platelets and the plasma (the clear fluid). This plasma now contains a higher than normal number of platelets and is called platelet rich plasma, or PRP.
How does PRP help hair loss? - PRP injection is a simple, cost effective and feasible treatment option for androgenic alopecia patients. When used to stimulate the restoration of hair follicles, studies have shown it to be very effective. The PRP recruits new hairs to grow, keeps the hairs growing that still are, and targets the stem cells surrounding the follicle to minimize the thinning of the actual hairs being produced.
What causes hair loss in women? - Hair thinning in women which affects nearly 40 million American women is mainly due to heredity and can start any time after puberty. However, we also know that female pattern hair loss can be strongly influenced by age, nutrition, stress, surgery, medications, illness, social/lifestyle factors, hair care and more. As hair follicles weaken and stop producing hair, hair loss occurs.
What causes hair loss in men? - In men, we know that hair loss follows a very specific, progressive pattern that is passed on through heredity and is triggered by hormone–specifically dihydrotestosterone or DHT. An estimated 60 million American men are suffering with male pattern hair loss. As hair follicles miniaturize and weaken, coverage of the scalp diminishes leaving thinning or balding areas.
How does PRP rejuvenate the skin? - Platelets are the cells in the blood that help tissue to heal and grow new cells. The PRP, injected into specific areas of the skin, act as a matrix that promotes your own collagen to grow, regenerates tissue, and thus acts as to naturally smooth and tighten the skin. In this way, PRP softens wrinkles and creating smoother skin texture and tone.
We recommend coming in for a complimentary consultation to give you realistic expectations and to determine whether you are in fact a good candidate for this popular procedure.
Microneedling with PRP
PRP is a high concentration of platelets surrounded in its own plasma. A small amount of blood is drawn and the red cells are isolated from the platelet-rich plasma. Since the autologous Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is processed from the patient’s own blood, there is virtually no risk of an allergic reaction or rejection. The PRP is then microneedled back into the skin to help with scarring, acne scarring, pigmentation, discoloration, redness and wrinkles. The PRP heals the skin 5x’s faster than regular microneedling.
Skin Pen: Pen: Micro-Needeling (Collagen Induction Therapy)
A minimally invasive treatment to rejuvenate the skin with the treatment of fine lines, acne scars and improvement of the skin’s overall texture and appearance. A device with fine needles creates tiny punctures in the top layer of the skin, which triggers the body to create new collagen and elastin. Results can include improved texture and firmness, as well as a reduction in scars, pore size, and stretch marks. Patients notice an immediate “glow” to their skin. Visible changes to the skin develop over the course of several days and weeks. Results continue to improve up to 6 months after the treatment as collagen production continues.
Padre Dermatology is now offering the HydraFacial MD® as a soothing and invigorating therapy to achieve instant and lasting results with no downtime. The unique Vortex-Fusion® serum delivery system is what sets the HydraFacial MD® apart from other procedures. The multi-step treatment cleanses, evenly exfoliates and extracts to remove impurities and dead skin cells while at the same time replenishing vital nutrients including Antioxidants, Peptides and Hyaluronic Acid. Thanks to the devices’ superior delivery system, these performing ingredients are able to more effectively help mitigate environmental damage, reduce fine lines & wrinkles, and plump & firm skin for long-term results you can see and feel instantly.
- Skin Health - This HydraFacial MD® treatment utilizes super-serums filled with antioxidants, peptides and hyaluronic acid to boost hydration, help address the signs of aging and protect skin from environmental leaving it recharged, renewed, and invigorated.
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles - This targeted HydraFacial MD® treatment utilizes the the DermaBuilder™ Vortex-Booster™ specifically to help diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while also enhancing the skin’s elasticity for visibly noticeable results.
- Age Reversal - Developed to address the advanced signs of aging, this HydraFacial MD® treatment utilizes the CTGF Vortex-Booster™ to deliver one of the highest levels of naturally occurring growth factors. Growth factors play a key role in maintaining healthy skin and in this formula they work hard to reduce the appearance for fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin tone and texture and help bring skin back to a more youthful state.
- Brightening Treatment - Awaken dull skin with the HydraFacial MD® Brightening Treatment featuring the Britenol® Vortex-Booster™. Specially formulated to target dark spots and sun damaged areas this treatment is clinically proven to leave skin glowing with a more even complexion.
- Oily/Congested - Skin can be unruly and difficult to manage. With just one HydraFacial MD® treatment, the build-up of excess oils is prevented and skin will be clear of congestion and impurities.
- Sensitive Skin - Excellent for all skin types, this extra-gentle version of the HydraFacial MD® Treatment thoroughly nourishes delicate skin while cleansing and exfoliating. Protective antioxidants and ultra-hydrating hyaluronic acid leave skin radiant and silky smooth.
Our skin care experts can customize any facial according to your skin type and what your skin specifically needs. Our facials may include deep pore cleansing, treatment of dry, irritated, and dehydrated skin, acne treatments, extractions and exfoliation, superficial peels, lymphatic drainage, LED Red light therapy, LED Blue light therapy. Overall, skin will look and feel more youthful and radiant.
- GlyMed; Lactic Peel - Appropriate for mild to moderate skin imperfections. It combines exfoliation and skin lightening power with an active tyrosinase inhibitor. A superior treatment and exfoliant for hyperpigmentation.
- GlyMed; 5 Berry Peel - Appropriate for moderate to severe skin imperfections. It treats photoaging, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, post-inflammatory pigmentation, and acne. It combines TCA, and the anti-aging benefits of 5 berries- cranberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and bearberries. These berries are a natural tyrosinase inhibitor, mixed and licorice extract and L-Ascorbic acid. Gently modifies and brightens the epidermal pigmentary disorders as they increase cell turnover and collagen production.
- GlyMed; TCA Peel - Appropriate for moderate to severe skin imperfections. Provides an aggressive medium chemical exfoliation to reduce melasma, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, sun damage, and post acne scars. Helps correct and smooth fine surface wrinkles through stimulation of reproductive collagen. This formula is enhanced with a cocktail of anti-inflammatory botanical and natural tyrosinase inhibitor to reduce the oxidative phases of melanin synthesis and post-procedural hyperpigmentation.
- SkinCeuticals; Glycolic Peel 20% and 30% - Appropriate for mild to moderate skin imperfections. Contains 20% or 30% unbuffered, unnaturalized glycolic acid to a low pH to help improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, dullness, visible signs of photodamage.
- SkinCeuticals; Salicylic Peel 20% and 30% - Appropriate for mild to moderate skin imperfections. Features a 20% or 30% salicylic acid to help improve the appearance of acne, fine lines, and wrinkles, uneven skin tone, laxity, dullness and skin imperfections.
- SkinCeuticals; Advanced Corrective Peel - Appropriate for moderate to severe skin imperfections. Formulated with an exclusive blend of clinical-grade acids. Dramatically diminishes the appearance of pores, to restore a brighter, more clarified skin tone. For optimal results, a series of 4-6 treatments every four weeks is recommended.
- ZO Simulator Peel - This potent stimulating peel confers longer lasting benefits beyond the temporary superficial improvements seen with ordinary peels. Peeling is very mild or even unnoticeable, with minimal to no downtime. Designed for acne melasma, sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles, texture roughness, large pores and dullness. Promotes softer, smoother skin.